Monday, March 29, 2010

Paved with good intentions

I hear tell the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Every time I ever landed in trouble, good intentions were involved. I try not to intend anymore. I am rarely successful at not intending, though my intentions aren't enough to land me in trouble like they used to. My mouth, however has a mind of its own it seems.

Maybe, just maybe, by writing this down I will do a little better at controlling what I say. I never intend to hurt the feelings of others, especially those I love. There must be a mean streak in me that is fueled by my selfishness which causes me to say hurtful things to others, when things aren't going to suit me. I am going to try to "don't say anything, if I can't say something good" daily. I hope my selfishness doesn't turn me into a mute. That is enough inventory for today.

Friday, I rode to Lowake, Tx and ate a chicken fried steak dinner, rode on to San Angelo and looked for a place that sells really good sausage, but didn't find it. Then I rode home thru Nolan and Buffalo Gap. That was about 280 fun miles. Saturday evening I rode with a couple of guys to Lueders, to a candlelight service.
Sunday was church most of the day. My friend David emailed me about our upcoming motorcycle adventure in the hill country. Anticipation is a wonderful thing.

So, all that brings to mind wonderful things. There are lots of them in my life, such as: the love of a beautiful and good woman, slobbery kisses from a grandson, beautiful daughters, good friends, 1,363 days of sobriety, a fine motorcycle, having a job that helps others, warm homemade bread, good books, the Good Book, and a God that loves me, and always has my back.

Keep the shiny side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment