Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Motorcycle regatta

This weekend is the 4th annual Invitational Motorcycle Regatta in Stonewall Texas. I've been looking forward to this weekend. As it stands now there will be 5 motorcycles and one classic car. That is sufficient numbers. Not long after I started riding again, I joined the CMA. I soon discovered that crowds are still not my thing. A hand full of guys with similar riding skills makes for a fun, non-stressful time. Too many riders that I don't know make me nervous. In the last couple of weeks there have been motorcycles all over town. These guys seem to only ride when the weather is perfect. I wonder where they are the rest of the time. I guess I've become a snob, because I ride every day that it is not icy or already flooding when I leave the house. Riding every day has honed my skills, and I believe that I am a safer rider. I also pray everyday, a lot. I ask God for His protection, and an extra dose of it should my skills fail. This is important.

I have a new (used at the pawn shop) camera that should capture some cool scenery. My trouble with pictures, is I hate to stop once the ride begins. This time I'll try a little harder. Today marks 1,371 days without a drink. That is so cool. It's like the "drinking me" was a whole other guy whose memories I have. It is too wierd for words.

Keep the shiny side up

1 comment: