Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy week

Monday's post was pregnant with upcoming events, whether they were mentioned or not. The "have not because ask not" will be the topic of this Sunday's Bible study; Ryder Cullen Bricker, #1 grandson courtesy of Whitney and Jeremy came into this world on Tuesday, July 13, (excellent job you two). Jon and Benjamen saw to it that Kristi made it back from Illinois in plenty of time for the birth. Friday morning I cooked a ton of food for the kids, and whoever else is hungry, and was just about worn out, when neighbor David invited me to go walkabout via motorcycle. After checking with Kim, it was determined that my usefulness was pretty much over when I delivered the food, so be careful and have fun.

Twenty four hours and 450 miles later, a blog update is in progress. I have pretty much experienced all the great things in life this week. I saved money for the family with ATT, doubled the number of grandsons, my kids are all safely where they belong after journeys and hospital stays, my wife loves me and is honing her spoiling skills to new levels, God has shown me great and wondrous things in His Word and His World, and my bike got 49 miles per gallon on the way home. Oh, I almost forgot today is 1,472 days sober, Wow. It just gets better and better.

Keep the shiny side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment